Bacteriological and their antibiogram studies of endometritis in slaughtered buffaloes

Main Article Content

A. R. Bhadaniya M. C. Prasad H. H. Savsani V. A. Kalaria D. T. Fefar B. S. Mathapati B. B. Javia S. N. Ghodasara M. D. Odedra

Abstract

The present study was designed to assess the bacterial isolation and their antibiogram from endometritis in slaughtered buffaloes. A total 110 uterine swabs at horn-body junction of slaughtered buffaloes were collected from local abattoir in Junagadh. Out of 110 uterine swabs 56 (50.90%) uterine samples showed the growth of various bacteria and remaining 54 swabs (49.10%) were found to be sterile. Among 56 uterine samples 50 swabs (89.28%) showed single isolate and remaining 06 (10.72%) exhibited mixed infection. The Escherichia coli and Staphylococcus spp. isolates (24.19%) top the list followed by Corynebacterium spp. (17.74%), Micrococcus spp. (14.52%), Fusobacterium spp. (8.06%), Pseudomonas spp. (4.84%), Bacillus spp. (4.84%) and Streptococcus spp. (1.61%). The antimicrobial susceptibility of these bacterial isolates were showed highest sensitivity against Chloramphenicol (83.9%) followed by Gentamicin (80.6%), Levofloxacin (77.4%), Oxytetracycline (77.4%), Ceftriaxone/Sulbactam (69.3%), Cefoperazone/Sulbactam (61.2%) and Amoxicillin/Sulbactam (33.9%).

Downloads

Download data is not yet available.

Article Details

How to Cite
BHADANIYA, A. R. et al. Bacteriological and their antibiogram studies of endometritis in slaughtered buffaloes. Buffalo Bulletin, [S.l.], v. 38, n. 2, p. 229-236, june 2019. ISSN 2539-5696. Available at: <http://kuojs.lib.ku.ac.th/index.php/BufBu/article/view/2139>. Date accessed: 22 july 2019.
Section
Original Article